Sunday, October 19, 2014

Making a List...

He's making a list...
This is my finished artwork for the weekend. The sketch on the right was made several months back. I decided this weekend to break out some of my old Christmas sketches and get them put to paper. They aren't doing me any good if they just hang around in my make shift sketch book.
As you can see from the image, I don't deviate far from the original. I did drop the star and snowflake from the final piece.
 Let me tell you, trying to come up with a unique looking Santa is kind of hard. This is one version. I am certain I will mess around with trying something different the next time around.
I am getting more used to painting directly onto the watercolor paper with acrylics.

Method used for the final piece:
First the sketch on copy paper
Transferred to watercolor paper
Acrylics and prisma color pencils

No comments: