Friday, October 6, 2017

52 Faces watercolor series (Revised) - 52 weekends of paintings

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately.
What goals do I want to achieve?
Why do I beat myself up mentally over what I make or what I believe I should be making?
Why don't I do what I want to do?
You know, the hard questions about art.


I do believe that for myself, I get caught up in too much planning or the researching of something and have lost the freedom of just creating something fun and whimsical.

A daily painting or weekly painting project seems like something I should probably start at the beginning of the year, but I don't want to wait that long.

I started this new project for myself!
They are loose paintings. (Sizes will vary, but the majority will be from 9x12 inches to 5x7 inches.)



Each one is made on roughly 6"x9" cold press watercolor paper. It's an odd size, I know this.
I have become greatly out of practice drawing faces. I have spent the past 3 to 4 years trying to create what I believed would be best for licensing and stopped creating the girls that started my art journey in 2005.
Practice makes perfect, so this is one way to build up my skills.

52 faces! - I should now just say paintings. 52 weekends in one year, for 52 paintings. Each original painting will be listed in my etsy shop for purchase. We shall see how many I can accomplish during this next 12 month cycle. It's only one new face a week? Right...

Well, here are the first four.

No comments: