52 Faces watercolor series

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately.
What goals do I want to achieve?
Why do I beat myself up mentally over what I make or what I believe I should be making?
Why don't I do what I want to do?
You know, the hard questions about art.


I do believe that for myself, I get caught up in too much planning or the researching of something and have lost the freedom of just creating something fun and whimsical.

A daily painting or weekly painting project seems like something I should probably start at the beginning of the year, but I don't want to wait that long.

I started this new project for myself!
They are loose paintings.



Each one is made on roughly 6"x9" cold press watercolor paper. It's an odd size, I know this.
I have become greatly out of practice drawing faces. I have spent the past 3 to 4 years trying to create what I believed would be best for licensing and stopped creating the girls that started my art journey in 2005.
Practice makes perfect, so this is building up my skill I let go of.

52 faces! We shall see how many I can accomplish during this next 12 month cycle. It's only one new face a week? Right...

Well, here are the first four.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free psp .png tube for tagging

Freebie Digital Stamp Test

youtube is where I'm at